• Assembly Member Marc Levine and the Sonoma County Office of Education
invites you to a Common Core Town Hall Thursday February 27th 6:30pm-8pm at Elsie Allen High School.
This is a free community event open to the public. Speakers from the state and local level will be on hand to help members of the community understand
the impacts of Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
• Piner Students, Family, and Friends showing their school spirit at the Piner/Analy SCL playoff game.
• Piner's Environmental Club planted this plum tree a year ago during last year's Earth Week on Arbor Day. Check out the beautiful blossoms this year.
• Piner Wrestlers heading to NCS.
• Check out the latest HSB Blog.
• Mrs. Grove and the Boys Basketball Team.
• Piner Soccer Player, Marco Barragan, signs with UC Davis.
• Congratulations to all of the Piner Players who made Press Democrat All-Empire.
• Piner's Boys Varsity Basketball Team hosts Elsie Allen in an SCL Playoff Game on Tuesday February 18th at 7pm. Wear your maroon and gold and watch an exciting game.
Ticket prices: $8 General Admission, $5 Seniors (65+) and Students, $3 Students with valid ID. Military ID and valid ASB FREE!!!
• Piner Teacher, Mike Erickson, named California League of High School (CLHS) Educator of the Year for Piner High School.
Mr. Erickson was recognized at a California League of High Schools event on January 24th at the Villa Chanticleer in Healdsburg. He was nominated by his peers
and was among nine educators who were honored that evening.
• Piner's Debate Team competed at a match at Lowell High School in San Francisco on Saturday February 1st.
• S.T.E.M. Cafe - Thursday, February 6th 7pm in the new Science Center.
Students, Teachers, Scientists and Community Members are invited to a night of information and dialogue. The topic is "Concussions:
Dangers, Long term effects, Assessments, Treatments, and Prevention. Our guest speaker is Ty Affleck, M.D., Doctor of Sports Medicine
and Community Leader in Concussion Awareness. We would like to thank Raley's for providing refreshments.
• Check out the latest Early College Magnet Program Newsletter.
• Piner's Andy Campbell ties for 4th place in the Annual Martin Luther King Oratorical Contest.
• Sonoma County Poetry Out Loud competition will be held on February 2nd from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at the Glaser Center,
547 Mendocino Ave. The contest will feature top scoring students from Analy, Cloverdale, Creekside, El Molino, Elsie Allen, Maria Carrillo, Montgomery,
Piner, Rancho Cotate, Roseland University Prep, Santa Rosa and Sonoma Academy high schools. The winner will advance to the state competition. The
competition pits students against each other as they perform oral interpretations of poems. Poetry Out Loud is a national recitation program initiated
by the National Endowment for the Arts.
• Cash for College! FAFSA is Free Application for Financial Student Aid.
If you are or have a Senior who is planning to attend college in the 2014-2015 school year...mark you calendars for January 27th at 6:30-8:30pm in the
Piner High School Library. There will be free help for all students who are filling out their FAFSA applications. There will also be a chance to fill
out the California Dream Application. Don't miss this chance to make your life easier!
• Spring Sports Clearance Information posted on the
Athletics page. Concussion screening (Baseball/Softball) Jan 25th 9am-11am and Feb 1 9am-11am. Feb 8th 8am-1pm = Spring Sports Clearance Day (ALL SPORTS).
• Santa Rosa City School invitation for student input on the District Strategic Plan.
The Strategic Plan will guide changes at the classroom level for the next few years. Please participate. Your voice needs to be heard!
• Piner Alumni
and Cross Country star, Luis Luna, continues to find success in college, has ultimate goal of competing in the Olympics.
• Members of the Piner Cross Country team volunteered at the annual New Year's Day Resolution Run.
Volunteering at the New Year's Day race has become a tradition for the Piner High School cross country team. This year, about 25 current and former Piner runners and coaches in gold and maroon helped with the Empire Runners Club 5k run at Montgomery Village.
Photo credit to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.
• Winter Concert with Piner High School and Comstock Middle School
• On December 10th 2013 Piner Teacher Kurt Kruger (left) and Principal Sally Bimrose received the Top Real Estate
Project Award for the new Piner High School Science & Technology Center from the NB Business Journal.
• Learn more about current STEM (Science Technology Engineering and
Math) activities at Piner.
• Piner ASB's 14th Annual Season of Giving Toy Drive benefiting Monroe Elementary school was a success!
• North Bay Business Journal
of Sonoma, Marin and Napa Counties names Piner's Science & Technology Center the Top Real Estate Project in 2013 in the category of K-12 Education.
...more Piner Highlights and Student Testimonials