• Notices • Get Involved • Get Connected
Follow Piner High School on Twitter and enable mobile notifications to receive text messages such as reminders for important school events and activities.
Piner News & Announcements
• Asian Culture Night.
• The Piner High Debate Team competed in the 7th Annual Windsor Invitational. Our two teams debated such diverse topics such as water conservation, government stimulus and fighting ISIS. Pictured here are Taylor Papola, Yesenia Aguilar, Ross Thorsen, and Cameron Jordon.
• 2015 STEM Cafe schedule
• Like Piner Counseling's Facebook page to get information on scholarships and other information.
• Have a GMail account? Add the ASB Google calendar to your list of calendars. On the left side under Other Calendars type in "email@example.com" in the 'Add a friend's calendar' box. You can access the calendar and be updated on events going on at the school including: sports, dances, fundraisers and informational nights.
• Congratulations to Ross Thoreson, winner of Lions Speaker Contest for Santa Rosa Host club! Ross moves on to compete at the Regional level in Cotati on March 14th. His speech was on water conservation, how can we reduce, recycle and reclaim. Bryce Polkinghorn was his assistant speech writer and Mr. Sramaglia was his Debate Team coach. Ross won over 3 excellent speakers from the Analy Debate Team, mainly for his poise, passion and well researched facts. He is pictured here with Lions Student Speaker Chairman, James Oswald.
• Congratulations to the Boys Varsity Basketball team on their win over Elsie Allen in the SCL Tournament.
• Some work from talented students in our Maker Program.
• Congratulations to Sophie Flores. Winner of Piner's 2015 Poetry Out Loud Competition!
• ECM sophomores and parents: Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 11. That's the date of the SRJC Parents Informational Night held at the JC. Details are forthcoming ... save the date!!
• Piner Students, Schools Plus Board Members, and Principal Sally Bimrose accept a $22,000 donation from Schools Plus. Thank you!!
• Piner High School is participating in the 2015 Redwood Empire Battle of the Fans. Watch the BOTF trailer here.
The trailer was created by Piner student Lucas McCormick with the help of Piner ASB, Mrs. Jewell, Mr. Thompson, Lindsey Snetsinger, and of course the amazing Piner High fans!
• 2015 STEM Cafe schedule
• Piner Teacher, Steve Carpenter, named California League of High School (CLHS) Educator of the Year for Region 1 Piner High School.
Mr. Carpenter was recognized at a California League of High Schools event on January 22nd at the Villa Chanticleer in Healdsburg. He was nominated by his peers
and was among nine educators who were honored. Mr. Carpenter will now represent our region at the state level at the CLHS Annual Conference February 27-March 1, in Sacramento.
Steve is noted for his contributions to STEM education at Piner with his work with First Light crosss age teaching and introducing coding and robotics into the ninth grade
curriculum. In addition he was selected to teach the Sonoma State class for future STEM teachers on campus and continues to lead by example the craft of modeling as well as
providing students opportunities to engage in hands on learning be it with k'nex bridges or working with electronic gizmos using Raspberry pi computer boards.
In the photo are District Superintendent, Socorro Shiels (left), Steve Carpenter (center), and Piner Principal, Sally Bimrose (right).
• Piner students and teachers (Ms. Spearman, Ms. Armstrong, & Ms. Michiels) got together to honor Martin Luther King Jr by seeing the movie "SELMA" on January 19.
• Check out the latest Piner High Foundation Newsletter
• Want to know more about Project Graducation? Check out this flyer
• Check out the latest Early College Magnet Program Newsletter.
• Students and families of Piner High School are invited by Piner PTSA to a financial seminar presented by the Redwood Credit Union. Tuesday 2/10 6:30pm in the Piner Library.
• HOSA students (Pim K; Daisy Li, Brian Duong, Andrea Robles, Patricia Abarca, Alejandra Robles, and Sinoug Phong) were busy over the holidays volunteering at two scheduled service opps at the Redwood Empire Food Bank. They became quite skilled at repacking Pizzas and had a great time as well.
• Check out the latest STEM update. Lots of great things happening like GIS Day, a campus visit by Sonoma State's Computer Engineering Department, MESA's Prosthetic Arm Challenge, and lots more.
• Congratulations to Mr. Dilillo's period 3 Culinary Arts class! Winner of 'Cupcake Wars'. The winning cupcakes were red velvet with chocolate covered strawberries and a pinch of candy cane.
...more Piner Highlights and Student Testimonials