So many books, so little time!
- The library is open to all students at Piner High School. A student entering the library
during class time must have a pass from his/her teacher – one pass per student.
- Your ASB card is also your library card. Your card is your responsibility. Missing cards
should be reported immediately. You may get a replacement card from the library. There is a $2.00
replacement cost for a lost card.
- You are responsible for ALL items checked out in your name. This includes lost and stolen books.
Every book has a unique barcode. You must return items with the specific barcodes that are attached
to your name and I.D. number in order to clear your record.
- You may check out up to 12 library items at a time. Textbooks are checked out on a separate database.
- Library books are checked out for three weeks. A book may be renewed for an additional three
weeks provided that no one else has placed a reserve on it. Most reference books may be checked out
- Computers with Microsoft Office and Internet access are available for your use in the library. In
order to use any computer in the school, you must have a signed network agreement on file. You must
also procure a unique password. You will be instructed in the network logon protocol during an
appointed time. The Internet is to be used for class assignments only. You may not download games or
other programs. You may not access chat rooms. You will be charged $0.10 per page to print.
- The following items are NOT allowed in the library:
- Hats and Hoods